Tuesday, May 27, 2008

dim sum


(before and after)

Went out for dim sum with Nelson today. I don't think I've seen him since our last dim sum stint a few months back. Since I am incredibly lazy, we ended up at the restaurant a bit after 2PM. Late for dim sum, I know but we settled on Sky Dragon located at the top of Dragon City. The dishes were cheaper because it was later, $1.75/plate compared to the $3/plate between 1:30 PM - 4 PM. We ordered around 13 dishes and were stuffed to the max. Nothing really stood out and somethings were definitely sitting out too long, but its not bad for a quick and cheap dim sum fix. If you want freshness around the Spadina area, I recommend ROL SAN which I tried with Mandy not too long ago. The dishes are made to order compared to the push cart system (which I like and find fun).

Sky Dragon
280 Spadina Ave
Toronto ON, M5T 3A5
Phone: 416-408-4999

Rol San
323 Spadina Avenue
Toronto ON, M5T 2E9
Phone: 416-977-1128



(if I wore all these, I'd look super cheese)

Wandered around a bit and decided to take pictures of things that matched my shirt. A lot of people matched me but its awkward both ways. I want to take pictures of everyone with similar patterned shirts because the pattern is seemingly Canadian to me. Found black-red checkered vans, a hat, a bag and a scarf-casabian-blanket-thing. Saw some baby Vans and Chucks! They were too cute and about $30 each. That's close to what the regular checkered Vans are at Get Outside Shoes ($39, they take SPC!). Nelson bought a bunch of pink shirts. Giggle.


(look how cute they are!)

More walking after that...which resulted in:
Nelson: My feet are tired!
Garon: Ya? Walk it off!
Fun. You roll with me, you walk a lot. Nice!


(sad :( sack with sad gum ball tongue)

Went on to Queen and checked out random things. Found a bunch of (expensive) shirts I like but they were all short sleeved! I want long sleeved shirts! I guess it is summer-ish at random moments, but I don't like short sleeved buttoned shirts. Or pearl clasps instead of buttons. Am I picky? Anyways, remember those frozen treats that were a cross between icecream and popsicles and often came in different shapes? From what I remember, they included: baseball glove, smiley face, Spongebob and Power Rangers? They usually had gum balls as eyes/balls/round details? Well, today I saw a sad face one and thought that was kind of funny. I don't know why someone would want to eat a sad icecream. Nelson bought a green slushie. It's so tiny now, look at the regular sized straw compared to the cup!


(Krusty didn't look so scary in real life, Mr. Yeah Kou!)

Stopped by the Silver Snail to poke around at comics and random trinkets. They have so many things! I just want to sit down and stare. Fun. Found Mr. Yeah Kou! (By Mr. Clement) and Mark Ryden goods and took a look. I want one of Mr. Clement's vinyls and I always love the presentation on Ryden's goods.

That's all for today! I need a job...to pay for University ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

try to make me go to rehab, but i said NO NO NO!

Garon said...

annoying

Anonymous said...

I like the mushroom man!