Monday, July 14, 2008

Summerlicious #1

Restaurant: 5th Elementt
Location: Downtown
1033 Bay Street
416-923-8159
Time: Lunch
Prix Fixe: $15
Total: $60 for two with drinks
Rating:

Summerlicious, hurrah! Finally had a chance to try 5th Element on Bay. We decided to sit outside so I didn't really get a chance to see the decor. From what I did see, it looked quite nice. I thought the food was quite good but overall, everything could have been better. We thought the chicken breast was a bit dry but the butter chicken sauce was great. The slightly dried chicken could have been saved with more sauce, though! Portion sizes were good for lunch, I thought! I am not going to size these pictures because I want you to be hungry!

Starters:

Grilled Fuji Apple and Mango Salad
Masala dressing | Feta crumble


Tandoori Shrimp
South African pepper salsa | Californian greens

Main:

Cilantro Rubbed Chicken Supreme
Butter chicken sauce | Pilaf rice

Also available:
Tri Color Cheese Tortellini
Asparagus | Rose sauce

Grilled Atlantic Salmon
Mustard sauce | Pilaf rice

Dessert:

Cardamom and White Chocolate Mousse
With raspberry drizzle

Fresh Fruit Medley
With melon and mint liqueur dressing

I was not eating her dessert (though I did eat some) it was just a coincident :) We were not expecting icecream, but more of a `fresh fruit medley` *cough*fruit salad*cough* There didn't seem to have any melon in it either. I was excited for the mint liqueur dressing but that also seemed to have disappeared. She barely ate this one!

All in all, it was pretty good. I would recommend you check this out and I would definitely like to try their dinner Summerlicious specials. Also, booze at these restaurants is expensive. Really expensive.

There are a few days left for Summerlicious and I still crave for some good food! The next spot I want to hit is Fred's Not Here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dessert looks fantastic! But the butter chicken's presentation.. not so hot :/

Summerlicousssssssss. Will we be able to eat at an awesome restaurant? Who knows!

To be Continued...

Anonymous said...

mm tasty.

Anonymous said...

hi Garon grizzzzzl.. Did I ever tell u about the time I went to 5th element? If I didn't I will sometime because it was really unpleasant! You should update this
- s

Anonymous said...

Hi Garon! I would have to agree with anonymous. I went to 5th Elementt and my experience was very unpleasant.