Wednesday, July 9, 2008

long time no blog

So, it has been obvious that I have died for a long time. I don't really have a good reason as to why--I would like to say its because I traveled around the world or joined an indie pop-rock band that gained instant success due to online social connectivity networks...but nope! I didn't do much either. No going out for dinners, no photography, no concerts...I did have a chance to go through some older photos though, so I'll upload those randomly. Here's one--to the right is Janice's cat. I think its head is supposed to bob (like a Hidamari no Tami) but it didn't seem to do that...

I haven't done much, other than work. One sad thing is that I haven't even been eating (deliciously)! Its all been junk food, fast food, whatever I can get "on the go." Not very healthy but maybe I will treat myself to something tasty soon. Summerlicious has been planned for this Sunday, so I am hoping that'll be good! I think we're going to The Globe Bistro on Danforth. A few of my friends who have been to Summerlicious have left quite saddened, so I don't really know what to expect. In general, I find places that are signed up for these -licious events don't treat people equally. I always sense a lot of ageism and surprisingly for Toronto, racism. It doesn't help that sometimes we look like 12 year olds (we're actually 42!)...but it really turns me off from these events.

On a similar note, Manda told me about her experience at the "Ultra Supper Club." You know, that large mysterious door on Queen West nearing Spadina? Of course you do! She said they did not treat her very well and the service was horrible and that she was mainly ignored. Its hard disappointing Manda like that. She's a barista, so I guess she is able to take in horrible service and attitude, but it sounds like USC really turned their nose on this one. She called it "the worst date ever." Way to go, "Ultra Supper Club."


Egg tarts!

Anyways, what about work? A lot of people ask me what I do at work. I don't really have a one-word answer for that, but I'll tell you what I've been doing. I also didn't really know why I got hired, so I asked and its because I know what a tag is (sort of...not really, but I like to say its because of that). I wonder what they expect(ed) from me and if I ever deliver(ed). I try not to think of it because it makes me sad, but one can't help but wonder. I do a lot of random office-boy things like washing dishes and taking out garbage, but a few weeks ago I got to bring lots of booze to the office from a parking lot (it was surprisingly heavy!!). I've been doing a bunch of things in illustrator, like editing layouts and creating sticky notes. I have not heard of anything relating to the layouts but the sticky notes are printed and shipping, so I'll try to snap a picture when they arrive. I also had to prepare a bunch of documents that had to be handed in on a deadline. That was a stressful and long day--I left for work at 6am! This week I bought (for work) $200 of pop from grocerygateway.com, $500 in post-its from vistaprint.com and soon I will order $400 of ram from crucial.com. Nice! Sometimes work also has delicious edibles, like those portuguese (?) egg tarts seen above!


rejoice! sodas! colas! carbonated drinks! pop!

Our grocery gateway delivery arrived this morning and I refilled the pop. I should have taken a picture of the fridge before I refilled it, but it was literally empty, except for Mountain Dew. Nobody drinks Mountain Dew!! I would say Root Beer is the next on the list of lonely drinks. Someone told me that Mountain Dew has the most caffeine of all pop, which always surprises me. I ordered green tea Nestea but they substituted with Fuji apple green tea...it tastes like apple juice so I am disappointed since it costs a lot more than the green tea Nestea. Are they even allowed to do that? They also substituted diet Coke with Coke zero, which I never had. It is surprisingly tasty and doesn't have that strong aspartame flavour I dislike. Speaking of apples, I've been drinking lots of cold cider--(non-alcoholic...sadly? of course! haha) Its so good with a stick of cinnamon--must have the cinnamon stick!!

Now that I had some time to just sit in think, I really want to move downtown. I want to live on King street west, maybe above a bank or something. I also want more money, so I could buy pants and pay for school. I also want to eat everything. I wonder if I should take on another job. A lot of people are pulling two,three, even four jobs in order to pay tuition, so I think I can manage. I mean, I did work 15 hour days last summer with no overtime!

So, what have I been listening to lately? Katy Perry, "the next big thing." I've been told she's #1 on Billboard now. She reminds me muchly of Lily Allen. She even looks a lot like her (reason why I chose the single cover). I do think they're quite different in many ways though, so I will drop comparisons. I first heard "ur so gay" via the video and thought she was pretty amusing, but never thought much else about her. Her current single is "I kissed a girl" and its quite enjoyable. You should've heard it somewhere by now. (If not, you can grab it at the end). I believe her CD "One of the boys" is already out..in the States. Its catchy and fun--the next big thing, hrm?
Katy Perry - I kissed a girl

edit 1:
I forgot to say that I want to travel! I want to go to Japan... I've actually never been out of the PROVINCE before. Its true and very sad. I don't mind going to the States for a tad either, New York or California seems good. I need to start making friends around the world. I can send them maple syrup and you can send me happiness in a box. Oh nom nom nom nom. Though I have a feeling I'd be poisoned. Oh nom nom nom nom.

edit 2: Wow, Danny Choo made a visit? How random! I visit his site but I don't have an account there (I think...) I could be tricked, though. How do people even find this blog? I usually don't advertise myself online....at times I think its just one person pretending to be 15. Well--according to google, you guys come here via a "gangster raccoon" search. Success!

edit 3: The raccoon thing was so amusing to m that I decided to check what else brings people here. These ones are cool too:
-download walking in sunshine banana ice doraemon (yes, thats just one search string!)
-ikea icecream ice cream frogurt frozen yogurt frozenyogurt swedish (heehee)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

if i'm not logged into gmail thing i don't comment. yesterday i was going to tell you something super awesome. maybe yesterday. i can't tell the difference between days anymore. ohhh i got some random tim hortons' pastry thing. i want to say turnovers? but i don't know how they actually look like. i like work for tim hortons. it's the highlight. i also study during work. at school a girl sits beside me and she is missing every other day. and i wonder how she survives the heat. she's completely covered up. and i didn't really want to be mean but i am she has b.o which is saddening.

13 said...

You should come to Japan if you want to travel! Especially if you've never left the province!

The iphone is supposed to be released here with this major cell phone company this week and apparently people are already lining up for it. I think that's kind of gross.

btw you've been blog rolleddd!

garçon la said...

Yeah! Softbank, I believe. I read somewhere about the line up in Japan and you see a bunch of business men lining up on the streets. Not like they wouldn't be on the streets (drunk) anyways.

I should go to Japan as I already have an unhealthy obsession with buying things off Y!Japan

I read rick rolled and was like..where?!?

Anonymous said...

ooh! A post!

Summerlicious folk can be rude sometimes cause they have to wait on people who came because its cheaper. That and since we look 12, they think we can't/don't know how to tip well. Someday, I'll steal a coveted spot at Canoe or Auberge for a -licious. Scratch that, someday I hope to marry a rich man who can bring me there in the regular season!

I think it'd be nice to live in downtown, commute can be such a jerk and everything is so convienent! My cousin lives downtown, but he has to be all "Work is sending me to London for 2 years" and is currently subletting. I also think it'd be nice to go to London...poof, my cousin gets everything! Unfortunately, since we are stuck in the dreaded sciences, there aren't many exchange programs for us...so no cheaper way to travel out.

garçon la said...

I tried to make reservations for Canoe, but they were already book! That wasn't too far after summerlicious started either! We should dine above Dundas square and then turn it into a thrill ride :)

Go find someone rich--then you can feed me!

Unknown said...

i went to pan for summerlicious. they were all nice. and food was good. so good. chocolate torte was so good. such coolness.

garçon la said...

Pan on Danforth? Did you go for lunch or dinner? With a mysterious man? Mandy is missing in action!

Anonymous said...

Wheeeee spam spam LOL

Anonymous said...

my cat does bob... its bobbing is powered by solar power! anywhoo i don't know where that cat went.